Requirements, Restrictions and Registration
Buyer Agreement and Auction Rules
By registering as a buyer ("Buyer") with Auto Auction Classics ("AAC") you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. AAC reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice to the Buyer. Terms and conditions displayed on AAC's Website at www.Autoauctionclassics.com become part of this agreement by reference.
Eligibility - Individuals wishing to register must be 18 years of age or older and meet all requirements imposed by federal, state, and local government laws and regulations. In addition, AAC site-specific registration requirements will apply. AAC reserves the right to deny or cancel membership of any individual or entity at its discretion.
Registration - Any individual or entity wishing to bid at AAC via the Internet, must complete the buyer registration form.
Authorized Bidders - All bidders assume full responsibility for each of their bids, regardless of who they are bidding against, including anyone from within their own organization.
Guests - Only registered Buyers in good standing may bid on vehicles.
Account Responsibility - Buyers are responsible for all transactions on their account, including, without limitation, all live bids placed by authorized bidders and bids submitted through AAC's Auction Website using the login name and password issued to the Buyer. Accounts cannot be transferred.
Membership Cancellation - AAC reserves the right to suspend or revoke the buying privileges of a Buyer for any reason.
Release of Liability - Buyers irrevocably and unconditionally waive and release their rights (if any) to recover from AAC, its directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, subsidiaries, and affiliates any and all damages, losses, liabilities; cost or expenses and claims thereof, whether direct or indirect, known or unknown, or foreseen or unforeseen, which may arrive from, or be related to, bodily injury, property damage, or other occurrence resulting from completed transactions on autoauctionclassics.com. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall AAC be liable for any special, incidental, or consequential damage or lost profits that result from or are related to the sale, distribution or use of, or the inability to use, any vehicle, even if AAC has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Buyers and guests who are California residents waive California Civil Code §1542, which states: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
Auction Cancellation - AAC may, at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion and with or without notice, postpone or cancel a sale. AAC will neither be liable or obligated to the Buyer as a result of any auction postponement or cancellation.
Vehicle Withdrawal - AAC reserves the right to withdraw from auction any vehicle for any reason at any time at its sole and absolute discretion.
Call Vehicles - Vehicles requiring the approval by the vehicle provider will not be released to Buyers until bid is accepted by the vehicle provider.
Bid Rejection - AAC reserves the right to reject or void bids at any time for any reason. Should a dispute arise regarding a bid, AAC is the single deciding authority with sole and absolute discretion in resolving disputes. Buyers agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless AAC from any and all liability arising from decisions made resolving disputes.
Payment and Shipping/Pickup
AAC Fees - Listing Fees Apply and fees are subject to change without notice, No Selling Commission Fees..
Payment - Payment for vehicles are arranged between the buyer and the seller although AAC recommends payment be made through Escrow.com, (please click on the link on our homepage to read more about Escrow.com) wire transfer, cashier''s check, or money order. Disputes arising from non-payment and all collection costs including but not limited to collection agency fees and/or attorney''s fee and court costs are the sole responsibility of the seller. Buyers agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless AAC from any and all liability arising from decisions made resolving disputes.
Sales Tax Indemnification - Buyers purchasing vehicles from AAC upon presentation of a sales tax exemption certificate agree to indemnify, defend and hold AAC harmless from any and all sales tax assessments, fines, penalties, damages, and costs, including attorney fees, incurred as a result of a taxing authority determination that the transaction was subject to the payment of sales or excise tax.
Renege Fee - In the event a buyer reneges on a vehicle, the buyer is responsible for any and all collection costs, including attorney fees and court costs. Bidding privileges will be suspended until payment has been received. Any buyer that reneges on a second vehicle will have his bidding privileges revoked.
Internet Bidding Terms and Conditions
You will receive an AAC Online Bidding Login ID ("Login") and a default password ("Password"). You are responsible for changing the default Password for your Login and maintaining the confidentiality of your Password. Buyer entering into this agreement and identified in the Buyer Registration Application is fully responsible for all bids placed with your Login and for any/all charges, which may accrue to your account. You agree your Login will only be used by or disclosed by you to any other duly authorized individuals/agents on your account. Payment responsibility remains with you for all bids placed and accepted by you and your authorized bidders. You agree to immediately notify AAC of any unauthorized use of your Login or any other potential or actual breach of System security. You agree to exit from the system at the end of each session to minimize the possibility of an unauthorized person using your Login. Your Login and account cannot be transferred or assigned to any other person or entity. You acknowledge that once the System accepts your online bid, it can only be deleted for sealed bid sales. Please be careful when placing your bids. You acknowledge that AAC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to delete, disable or suspend your Login at any time for any reason including, but not limited to, non-payment or late payment of any money due AAC, failure to claim a vehicle; expired registration or license. You further acknowledge that AAC reserves the right to change the System or the general business practices related to the System, at any time, temporarily or permanently, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
You agree that all bids placed in the System will be bound by the then-current policies, fees, terms, conditions and restrictions set forth by AAC. Fees vary based on listing type, additional listing features including but not limited to the addition of photos, videos, enhanced text features, classified advertising, banner advertising, etc. There are no Fee listing restrictions to access the System or to place bids as long as you are a Buyer in good standing with AAC. You agree that all outstanding amounts due AAC must be paid or settled in full before you will be allowed to place bids in the System.
Refund Policy: In the event of an internal infrastructure or server equipment failure which prevents sellers' posting(s) on autoauctionclassics.com from showing, sellers will be eligible for a prorated refund for the time the service (seller listing) was unreachable. Downtime must be confirmed by a staff member of autoauctionclassics.com Support Team. Autoauctionclassics.com, may at its sole discretion, correct the error on the Internet, or, if discovered at a later date, to refund the buyer’s listing price without further obligation. Our return policy solely pertains to sellers who post listings utilizing our auction platform. Additionally, we require all sellers on AutoAuctionClassics.com to specify a return policy, whether the policy is to accept returns or not. We encourage sellers to offer a buyer-friendly return policy. Sellers offering a return policy can also provide buyers with a way to resolve concerns.
Proxy Bid: Auto Auction Classics will bid incrementally for you up to your maximum bid. Your maximum bid is kept a secret from other users. Your bid is a contract between you and the listing creator. If you have the highest bid you will enter into a legally binding purchase contract.
Conditions of Sale - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AS THE FOLLOWING PROVISIONS AFFECT A BUYER’S LEGAL RIGHTS AGAINST AAC. BY PLACING A BID AT AN AAC AUCTION, BUYER WARRANTS THAT BUYER HAS READ AND UNDERSTANDS THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS OF SALE AND AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THEM.
1. ALL VEHICLES SOLD THROUGH AAC'S AUCTIONS ARE SOLD "AS IS, WHERE IS", WITH NO WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR MERCHANTABILITY.
2. AAC MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION AS TO THE CONDITION OF ANY VEHICLE OR ANY OF ITS COMPONENT PARTS WHEN AAC PROVIDES INFORMATION ABOUT A VEHICLE FOR SALE AT AUCTION.
3. AAC MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION AND UNDERTAKES NO DUTY TO CONFIRM THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED IN ORAL, WRITTEN OR IMAGE FORM TO BUYER REGARDING ANY VEHICLE FOR SALE AT AUCTION.
4. IT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE BUYER TO ASCERTAIN, CONFIRM, RESEARCH, INSPECT, AND/OR INVESTIGATE ANY VEHICLE FOR SALE AT AUCTION PRIOR TO PLACING A BID. BUYER EXPRESSLY AGREES NOT TO BASE A BID SOLELY ON INFORMATION PROVIDED BY AAC AUCTION WEBSITE. THIS INFORMATION INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, THE YEAR, MAKE, MODEL, VIN, MILEAGE, ODOMETER DISCLOSURE, TITLE, AIRBAGS, VEHICLE’S CONDITION, ACTUAL CASH VALUE, ESTIMATED REPAIR COST, DAMAGE TYPE, IMAGES, SALE DOCUMENT, WHETHER THE VEHICLE HAS A CATALYTIC CONVERTER AND WHETHER OR NOT A CAR STARTS OR RUNS.
5. THE IMAGES OF THE VEHICLE THAT AAC ALLOWS SELLERS TO PROVIDE ARE NOT INTENDED TO EXHAUSTIVELY DISPLAY THE CURRENT CONDITION OF THE VEHICLE. AAC MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION ABOUT THE CONDITION OF THE VEHICLE BY PROVIDING THESE IMAGES.
6. IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE STATE LAW, VEHICLES SOLD WITH A CLEAR TITLE MAY HAVE A SALVAGE HISTORY.
10. AAC DOES NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT VEHICLES CURRENTLY MEET OR CAN BE MODIFIED TO MEET LOCAL EMISSION AND/OR SAFETY REQUIREMENTS.
7. AAC DOES NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT VEHICLES SOLD CAN BE LEGALLY REGISTERED IN ANY STATE OR COUNTRY. BUYER ACCEPTS ANY AND ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH VARIATIONS IN STATE OR COUNTRY VEHICLE SALE DOCUMENT AND REGISTRATION LAWS AND THE POSSIBILITY THAT THOSE MAY NEGATIVELY IMPACT THE MARKETABILITY OF VEHICLES PURCHASED AT AAC AUCTION SITE. FOR EXAMPLE, BUYER MAY PURCHASE A VEHICLE IN ONE STATE UNDER A CLEAR SALE DOCUMENT BUT IS REQUIRED TO SELL SAME VEHICLE UNDER A SALVAGE SALE DOCUMENT IN THE STATE WHERE SELLS THE VEHICLE.
13. NMVTIS Reporting Disclaimer. VEHICLES LISTED FOR SALE AND SOLD AT AAC AUCTON SITE MAY HAVE BEEN REPORTED TO THE NATIONAL MOTOR VEHICLE TITLE INFORMATION SYSTEM (NMVTIS) AS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW. BUYER ACCEPTS ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH PURCHASING VEHICLES AT AAC AUCTION SITE ARISING OUT OF ANY NMVTIS REPORTING BY AAC OR AAC'S VEHICLE PROVIDERS. Buyers may be subject to NMVTIS reporting requirements when purchasing certain vehicles. For more information on reporting requirements, exemptions, and how to obtain a NMVTIS Reporting ID visit www.vehiclehistory.gov.
No motor vehicle equipment (including a tire) that is the subject of a decision under section 30118(b) of Title 49 U.S.C. or a notice required under section 30188(c) of Title 49 U.S.C. is sold for installation on a motor vehicle.
AAC will NOT disclose any personal information to non-affiliated third parties except:
1. When required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary.
2. To co-operate with the investigation of purported unlawful activities.
3. To comply with a subpoena or other legal process served on AAC.
4. To protect and defend the rights or property of our customers and visitors to our Site.
5. To protect and defend the rights or property of AAC.
6. To identify persons, who may be violating the law or the rights of third parties.
We may share statistical or aggregated non-personal information about our visitors with advertisers, business partners, sponsors and other non-affiliated third parties. This data is used to customize our Site content and to deliver a better experience to our users and does not involve revealing your personal information.
While we use all reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your information, AAC will have no liability for any breach of security, for disclosure of any information obtained due to errors in transmission, or for any actions of any third parties that otherwise obtain your information.
In the event AAC or its subsidiaries or affiliates or their assets are sold, merged or otherwise involved in a corporate transaction, your personal information will likely be transferred as part of that transaction. We reserve to right to transfer your information without your consent in such a situation; provided that we will make reasonable efforts to see that your privacy preferences are honored by the transferee. You may Opt Out from allowing us to share your personal information by sending a written request to the Marketing Department at our corporate address.